Friday, January 18, 2013

Go-Onger vs RPM =)

Hey people!! And welcome to the first of my Power Rangers vs Super Sentai blog!! 
Now I just want to clarify, this blog is not meant to be on either Power Rangers' side or Super Sentai's. This blog, is only meant to point out the differences to both series and give my opinion about them. Although some people will hate me for my opinions. The territories I'll count on this blog will be: story, heroes, villains, mentors, allies, pairings, episodes in general and music. This will be rather long, so you better get comfy. =) 



Story: RPM vs Go-Onger
In RPM, we see a world destroyed by Venjx, a computer virus, forcing all the human race to live in a dome city named Corinth. On the other hand, in Go-Onger, we see talking vehicles who try to stop an evil organization called Gaiark from destroying the Human World. Both stories seem so different, but yet they're not that different. Both stories talk about contamination, and I think that RPM would be the version of the story of Go-Onger once the Gaiark contaminate Human World. What they truly differ is the way the heroes get their powers, and how they use them. Go-Onger would be a funny version of the story, while RPM is the futuristic and dark version. But you have to admit, both versions have a really good amount of drama and comedy. 

Scott Truman vs Sosuke Esumi 
Both Red Warriors, both the leaders, and both as stubborn as you can imagine, but they both have their differences. Scott is the serious leader, always thinking. He always needs a plan, and he's a little bit cocky (you have to admit they did exaggerate with the cockiness in Clash of the Red Rangers) Sosuke is serious, but at times, and he's pretty laid back and also very passionate or something. He's also very reckless and impulsive, doing everything without a plan. Also, Scott is a pilot while Sosuke is a racer. Also, Sosuke didn't lose his older brother like Scott lost Marcus. 

Flynn McAllister vs Renn Kousaka 
Both Blue Rangers and both smart, and now that I think of it, they're more alike that you can imagine. They're both like the mechanics of the team (Renn fixed the Engines one time) they both cook (I don't think making smoothies counts as cooking but at least is something to drink) but this is what they differ. Flynn is very compromised about his job as a Ranger, as he always wanted to save lives, thing that got him fired several times. While Renn, is very sensible and calm and I doubt he would get fired from any job.  I also don't perfectly remember if Renn was the one who drove the van, but if he did, that's another thing he has in common with Flynn, they both like to drive. =P 

Summer Landsdown vs Saki Royama 
Both Yellow Rangers, both sweet and very much different, if you see their back stories. Summer was a spoiled rich girl, who left that side of herself when Venjix attacked her home on her birthday party. She later saved Scott, and they became friends. Saki on the other side, was always cheerful and bright, especially after meeting that kid in the forest when she got lost. They're both the caring ones, although I couldn't imagine Summer saying 'smile, smile' all day. That phrase is Saki's and only Saki's!! The only thing that made Saki miserable was her older sister. They are both alike, both different in some aspects.


Ziggy Grover vs Hanto Jou 
Both Green Rangers, both innocent and the ones that are most alike. They're both the funny ones in the team, although I would say that Hanto is more adorable and childish while Ziggy is the clumsy one. In Go-Onger, it is Hanto who gets several jobs and gets fired, or quits. Also, Hanto doesn't keep on blabbing all day. That's what Ziggy actually does. He rants about several things, like when Dr. K refused to call him by his name. They're also both after girls a lot. In Hanto`s case, this is pointed out when he gets a job to be with girls his age, or when he falls in love with a girl that's actually Kegareshia in disguise. In Ziggy's case, this can be seen in episode 10, when Flynn asks if it's necessary to yell "RPM, get in gear!" every time they morph and Ziggy says: "That's a good point, some of us are trying to impress chicks!" That's only one example of many. 

Dillon vs Gunpei Ishihara
Both Black Rangers, both the serious ones, both close to the Green ones and I think that their similarities end there. Gunpei is the serious one in the team (at least the five core Go-Ongers) but he's funny. Although he believes himself to be better than the rest of the Go-Ongers, he later accepts them. Dillon's not like that. He's serious, but he's the bad guy of the group. I think it's just a side effect of his amnesia. Dillon get along only with Summer and Ziggy at first, later Flynn and much later, the twins, Dr. K and Scott. Dillon is also more sarcastic than Gunpei is, and his story is the most important of the plot: about finding his sister and all that.

Gem vs Hiroto Sutou 
Both Gold Rangers, both smart, and both totally opposite! I can't believe that they actually have the nerve to compare Gem with Hiroto when a sister is practically everything they have in common. When I first saw Hiroto, I thought he was going to be some of those jerks who apparently have no heart, since he was so hard with the Go-Ongers at first. Also, he acted like the adult of the team, which was really annoying if you ask me. But eventually, he warmed up to them, and proved himself to be sweet and caring, although he still acted like an adult. Gem on the other hand, is a kid. He's a pyromaniac, since he loves explosions. He's happy most of the time, and he became friends with the other Rangers faster than Hiroto did. The only time I remember seeing him annoyed or angry was in the episode Not so Simple (I'll explain this later in the pairings section) 

Gemma vs Miu Sutou 
Both Silver Rangers, both sweet and again, total opposite! They compare these girls as well? Come on people!! They're nothing alike! Miu is a total princess. She grew up in the rich lifestyle, and she can be arrogant at times. She acted cool towards the Go-Ongers, but she warmed up to them faster than Hiroto did. She was like a spoiled rich teenager with a sprinkle of sweetness. On the other hand, Gemma's like a warrior, also a pyromaniac like Gem. She warmed up to the other Rangers quite quickly. She's like a little girl, but she's as clever as Dr.K, and more clever than Miu, you have to admit that. 

Villains: 
Gaiark vs Venjix and his robots 
The Gaiark are only trying to contaminate the Human World to be able to live in it. They're also pretty funny, and they even paired up with the Go-Ongers in an episode. At the end (when Yogostein is dead) Kitaneidas and Kegareshia tell Sosuke, Renn and Saki what to destroy to save their friends. Venjix on the other side is nothing but cruelty. He destroyed the world, left Dillon with amnesia, turned his sister into his loyal assistant, forced the twins and several other people to work for him, and turned several habitants of Corinth into hybrids and activated them, including Dillon. Now there's an obvious difference there, although they're both potentially very cool villains. 

Allies and Mentors 
Dr. K vs Bomper (I know I'm missing a few, but I want to make this a comparison blog, not a book) 
Dr. K is a brilliant teenage girl who created the suits, zords, and arsenal for the RPM Rangers after accidentally realeasing Venjix. Bomper is a cute little robot built by the Engine Jumbowhale. He helps the Go-Ongers and chooses Sosuke, Renn and Saki to be heroes after they enfrented the Gaiark, later choosing Gunpei and Hanto. Both have their similarities and their differences, for example, Dr. K is a robot, Bomper is a human. Dr. K has some relation to the villain (Venjix) and Bomper has not. Both of them are really close to their times. And so on, but as I mentioned, I don't want to write a book, and with what I wrote about the Rangers, I'll just make a summary of everything. 



Pairings: (first I'll put the Go-Onger pairings and then the RPM. Warning: this are my favorite couples, so if you don't agree, don't read)

Go-Onger:
Sosuke&Miu:
In several episodes, it can be seen that they both harbored some feelings for each other, like when Saki told Miu that love will make her stronger, she instantly thought of Sosuke. Also, when Sosuke and Renn become bad boys or something, Sosuke gives Miu a ring. When Sosuke dies, Miu starts to cry a lot, while the others are either shocked or angry, and she was happy when he was revived. Also, when the other Rangers say that Miu is attracted to hopeless guys and everyone looks at Sosuke, he looks at them with a face that clearly says: 'what the heck are you talking about?'

Saki&Hanto
They're the youngest of the team, so I see this as a possible couple. It's just that they look so sweet separately they would look even cuter together. Also, Saki and Hanto were trapped in another dimension one time and Saki told Hanto that she wanted to open a cake shop. Also, they were trapped in Junk World before finding Ryunosuke in Shinkenger vs Go-Onger.

RPM:
Summer&Dillon
How is this even a question? They obviously like each other! I mean, they flirted several times (ex. "Don't ever drive my car, ever" "Don't fall asleep on the job, and I won't have to") They almost kissed twice!! But they had to be interrupted by the Whale Zord and the twins. They even went together to see the world (with Tenaya that is) and I could say so much more, but I really need to end up this blog now.

Ziggy&Dr. K
Something as obvious as the first one. Ziggy keeps on looking at Dr. K. He gets frustrated when she refuses to call him by his first name. Oh, come on, Ziggy dreamed once that he was in a date with Dr. K!  Dr. K once called Ziggy by his name in front of Gemma, and they were very close together in the last episodes. They were even trapped in a cave, and when they were suffocating, they were very close. If this doesn't cover it, I don't know what would. (note: if their actors are still dating in real life, that doesn't have anything to do... maybe)

Flynn&Gemma
Ok, who knew one of the most popular ships would start by these two kids building a zord? I mean, they worked together, but they had pretty much chemistry. Flynn even asked Gemma out, but she said no, although I think maybe that was because Gem was around (I haven't watched Not So Simple, but I've read so many things, and I watched some scenes, so yeah) And in Danger and Destiny, when the twins pushed the High Octane Megazord aside so they would recieve the attack instead of Summer and Flynn, Flynn said.'Gemma!' I mean, not even "Gem, Gemma!" like Summer. I think he also wanted to cry at that, but Summer did cry. Also, I'm pretty sure Scott wanted to cry, but that's another story.

In other words: pairings in RPM and Go-Onger are just like the Sutou siblings and the Happy Boom Twins: nothing alike!! =)

Music
Go-Onger
I liked the music in Go-Onger, and I try to learn the raps since they're so catchy. So far, I only managed to learn the G5 Prince and G3 Princess raps, and then I thought 'Why didn't the RPM Rangers sing this?' After watching some RPM songs, I can understand why, although I want to see Summer, Gemma, Tenaya and Dr. K singing the G3 Princess song.

RPM
The music in RPM was acceptable. I heard another version of the opening that I think would've been a better opening than the actual opening, but that's just my opinion. I really didn't like the RPM opening because of the lack of lyrics. What I did like however, was the background music. The song played in Not So Simple, when Flynn and Gemma are building the zord, I actually hear it some times in the radio. Also the song in Dillon's watch. I don't know why, but I love it.

Conclusion: both RPM and Go-Onger are really good series. RPM is a really cool and dark series, while Go-Onger is a cute and funny series. They're not exactly alike, but they do have their similarities and their differences, and that's what makes both of them so cool. 

That's it for today!! Maybe tomorrow I'll post the Shinkenger vs Samurai blog. Happy day!! =) 
Ps. I found the images in Google. They don't belong to me, they belong to someone else. =) 




No comments:

Post a Comment